Chelsea were the first Premier League side to release their new strip for next season and will line-up in perfect fashion as European champions. Trim colours such as white and red have gone from previous years and been replaced with the golden touch that goes smartly with the round-neck blue strip. With badges and sponsors to match in colour, it looks a very classy effort and a big improvement on this year’s design. Whether it kicks off a new golden age for the Blues remains to be seen.
The European champions have had some crazy away kits over the years but alongside a stunning home kit, the Blues finally have a very smart change strip to show off. Fluorescent colours and horrendous patterns on the chest have ruined how the west London club have looked on the road in recent years, but the Blues finally have the balance right with quite exactly same design of Argentine side River Plate. The iconic diagonal stripe also displays colours very similar to the blue of Marseille, with the strip also featuring a navy blue collar. A neat feature to link the two is the adidas stripes that fade into two colours on the sleeve. I thinks it’s veryVery neat. What about your views?? Comment below!
Chelsea FC – 2012/13
Away kit launch
- Colour Striped Icebergs (amusingplanet.com)
- The Incredible Green Hulk Turned Into A Blue Hulk! (chelseanewsletter.wordpress.com)
- Eden Hazard: Chelsea Blue Is Best Choice for Coveted Playmaker (bleacherreport.com)
- Chelsea are the team of the season, not Man City, says Daniel Sturridge (thisislondon.co.uk)
- My Outfit : Fashion Prison Stripes (apopofpurple.wordpress.com)